You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've never changed the Folder Color on my Desktop. but now since I've retired I have several projects that I do for different groups and I keep getting into the wrong folder. I want to change the color of my folders when needed to suit the purpose

Need to change colors of folders on desktop to represent different projects

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 4:05 PM

There is no direct way to change the color of a folder; you could add a tag (right-click and select a color) to the folder.

You can change the icon displayed by following these instructions: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-icons-for-files-or-folders-on-mac-mchlp2313/mac

1 reply

I've never changed the Folder Color on my Desktop. but now since I've retired I have several projects that I do for different groups and I keep getting into the wrong folder. I want to change the color of my folders when needed to suit the purpose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.