You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Macbook Random Restarting by itself.

Today my Mac has restarted itself +15 times. I've seen comments of other users disconnecting external things to the c ports, apple support asked me to delete basically all apps, now I'm only working with my web browser and again, the mac restarted itself a minute ago. The computer is about 1 month old.

Any ideas of what could be the problem before I set the mac on fire?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 10:03 PM

CamilaBurne Said:

"M1 Macbook Random Restarting by itself.: Today my Mac has restarted itself +15 times. I've seen comments of other users disconnecting external things to the c ports, apple support asked me to delete basically all apps, now I'm only working with my web browser and again, the mac restarted itself a minute ago. The computer is about 1 month old. Any ideas of what could be the problem before I set the mac on fire? Thanks!"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, rather than fiddle with it, contact Apple Support, and get this fixed ASAP. Perhaps this is a faulty device, and it simply needs to be replaced.

Apple Phone Support:

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2021 10:03 PM in response to CamilaBurne

CamilaBurne Said:

"M1 Macbook Random Restarting by itself.: Today my Mac has restarted itself +15 times. I've seen comments of other users disconnecting external things to the c ports, apple support asked me to delete basically all apps, now I'm only working with my web browser and again, the mac restarted itself a minute ago. The computer is about 1 month old. Any ideas of what could be the problem before I set the mac on fire? Thanks!"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, rather than fiddle with it, contact Apple Support, and get this fixed ASAP. Perhaps this is a faulty device, and it simply needs to be replaced.

Apple Phone Support:

Oct 11, 2021 10:03 AM in response to TheLittles

By looking at the problems that people have with M1, I'd say all of them are faulty.

My quick fix was to removed most of my apps.

• I removed all from 3rd parties: such as matlab, visual studio, telegram, tableau, onedrive, spotify, anything you can think of
  • Also removed apple apps I never used, like imovie garage band keynote etc etc. The computer has been running for about 6 hours without interruptions, so I guess I'll slowly download each new app again one by one to see which one is crashing my kernel.

I preferred this to returning my computer even though I can get a new one, it's too painful to start from scratch with a new computer.

Thanks for the help!

M1 Macbook Random Restarting by itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.