You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod and Phillips Hue in two distant locations

My partner and I live in two different locations (ie. not the same house) and we both have HomePods and Phillips Hue. We invited each other via HomePod to connect so I can swith on my partners lights using Homekit and vice versa. However, when we ask Siri on one of the HomePods to swith on or off lights at house A while we are connected to that network, Siri responds for lights for house B (1695 kms away). Siri and HomePod work fine at house B while connected to house B network. Does anyone know how to make Siri / HomePod respond to the Hue lights at house A while we are at house A and connected to house A wifi? I have scoured through the Hue app settings and I have spent hours on the HomePod app in Homekit with nothing obvious that will force HomePod to respond to requests relating to the same Hue lights on the same network. She constantly wants to manage the Hue lights at a remote location.

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 5:47 PM

Hi there CurryLaksa,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with the HomePod. Click here to get started:

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

The guidance you need is listed under "If your home hub isn't working as expected". Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2021 5:47 PM in response to CurryLaksa

Hi there CurryLaksa,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with the HomePod. Click here to get started:

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

The guidance you need is listed under "If your home hub isn't working as expected". Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Oct 11, 2021 5:57 PM in response to Brian_P7

Thanks for the prompt response. I have followed the advice recommended and performed the following actions. I renamed rooms and lights in the Hue app so there was a distinction between House A and House B. I also re-sync'd the settings in the Hue app with Homekit to ensure consistency and it seems to have resolved the issue of the HomePod in House A responding with results that correspond to Hue lights in House B. I think the re-naming of rooms and lights was probably the fix here but your advice certainly helped me get to that point. Advice: don't have rooms and lights in two locations with similar or same names ie Hue Lamp 1 when sharing with another person.

HomePod and Phillips Hue in two distant locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.