You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple offers 3 months free apple tv with my new phone. I already subscribe to Apple TV. How do I get my 3 months free

Apple offers 3 months free apple tv with my new phone. I already subscribe to Apple TV. How do I get my 3 months free

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 11:18 AM

If you haven’t redeemed for an extended free trial before, and you have (had) a paid Apple TV+ subscription, then contact the Apple Support staff for assistance. The standard redeem procedure won’t show a redeem button to current or previous subscribers. You’ll need the assistance, if it this is possible. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 11, 2021 11:18 AM in response to Cheers20

If you haven’t redeemed for an extended free trial before, and you have (had) a paid Apple TV+ subscription, then contact the Apple Support staff for assistance. The standard redeem procedure won’t show a redeem button to current or previous subscribers. You’ll need the assistance, if it this is possible. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Oct 23, 2021 3:26 PM in response to Cheers20

Urquhart1244 states if you already have a subscription, you will not see a redeem button. I also recently purchased a new phone and on my Apple TV + I had a button to click to get the free 3 months. I am on the phone now with Apple Support to make sure they will suspend collecting the monthly amount for 3 months and to make sure I am not charged for TWO subscriptions after the 3 months are up. The Apple Rep said that if I was using my existing Apple ID I was not eligible to get the 3 free months and they would continue to charge the regular monthly amount. The only way to collect the 3 free months would be to sign in with a different Apple ID (which who would want to do that??). The short answer is you cannot get the 3 free months if you already have an Apple+ subscription.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.