You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I track my stolen phone when switched off

How do I track my stolen iPhone which is switched off now?

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 2:11 PM

No. If the phone can’t send a signal how could it possibly be tracked? If anyone ever tries to use it you will be able to track it, so the fact that you can’t means that no one is using it. Be aware, however, if you receive a message from “Apple” saying your phone has been found, with a link to view its location. That will be a phishing message so the thief can get your Apple ID to remove activation lock; Apple never sends any such message.

And if you could locate it, what would you do? Confront the thief? People have been murdered doing that.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2021 2:11 PM in response to alie113

No. If the phone can’t send a signal how could it possibly be tracked? If anyone ever tries to use it you will be able to track it, so the fact that you can’t means that no one is using it. Be aware, however, if you receive a message from “Apple” saying your phone has been found, with a link to view its location. That will be a phishing message so the thief can get your Apple ID to remove activation lock; Apple never sends any such message.

And if you could locate it, what would you do? Confront the thief? People have been murdered doing that.

How do I track my stolen phone when switched off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.