You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

synology access

I am running Big Sur 11.6 on my iMac. I have been able ot access my Synology NAS both via Finder and directly by typing the NAS IP address in Safari. A week ago, Safari says it can't connect. The NAS is still visible through Finder, I can access all the files, but I need to run an app directly via Safari. I tried Chrome same problem. I have rebooted everything several time, no change. I am not sure what changed in the last week, but would appreciate some tips as to why Finder has no issue seeing the NAS, but the IP address in the browser does not work anymore.

Posted on Oct 11, 2021 7:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 6:25 AM

You may want to configure your router and the Synology so the Synology has a reserved/static IP so you don't have to worry about changing IPs in the future. Or access the Synology using a DNS name instead (may depend on your network layout and router).

Similar questions

4 replies

synology access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.