You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silence unknown calls without sending to voicemail

I want to silence unknown phone calls, however I do ‘not’ want them to go to voicemail.

I do not use nor require voicemail and have disabled it. However the phones act of sending a call to voicemail could enable it which I categorically do not want (even accidentally tapping the voicemail button can re-activate it).

I would rather the caller phone back if it was important or better still to send a text or emails revealing who they are. Voicemail is a problem and the caller will believe they have made a successful contact attempt if they leave a voicemail which would not be the case, as I would not review and voicemails (not using the feature).

Is there a way to mute unknown calls so that they are ‘not’ sent to voicemail?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 9:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 10:49 AM

No, sending directly to voicemail is the design. You would want to contact your carrier about disabling the voicemail option from their end as it’s their service feature.

1 reply

Silence unknown calls without sending to voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.