You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my "Home" location in Calendar?

Calendar calculates my travel time based on an incorrect address (one that is still in my contact but the other is there too) How do I get it to calculate travel time from my current address? Is there something in settings I can find to change this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 6:03 PM

You have to delete incorrect mail address Remove obsolete email addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Read Add location and travel time to events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

In the screen shot two mail suggestions are shown for same person but the mail address are different , the contacts details can be edited that are added in Mac address book , either you can edit the contact Update contact information in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support or delete unwanted contact Delete contacts in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Right click on contact and delete a single card contact can also be done .

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2021 6:03 PM in response to kkaczmarski

You have to delete incorrect mail address Remove obsolete email addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Read Add location and travel time to events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

In the screen shot two mail suggestions are shown for same person but the mail address are different , the contacts details can be edited that are added in Mac address book , either you can edit the contact Update contact information in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support or delete unwanted contact Delete contacts in Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Right click on contact and delete a single card contact can also be done .

Nov 5, 2021 2:07 AM in response to kkaczmarski

See the article Change Advanced preferences in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

Remove all recent locations and attendees

The locations and attendees you enter in calendar events are saved for later use as suggestions when you create new events. 

To remove the attendees and locations you’ve previously entered, click “Remove all recent locations and attendees,” then click Delete.

See the article Add location and travel time to events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

Note: Travel time doesn’t update automatically when you change locations.

Nov 4, 2021 9:39 AM in response to tygb

The screenshot included shows invites to events. I have no issue doing that! Perhaps I wasn't clear: What I can't change is my starting location for Travel Time.

I would delete the address in my contact that I am not located at, but it is not obsolete and it is still one place of residence. I tried to pull up the travel time calculation window again, but this time it asked me to enter time manually. Is there a way make my starting place the home of my choosing? It is confusing because this auto calculated travel time option only appears sometimes.

Thanks for the information. I was unable to find much about this already published online.

How do I change my "Home" location in Calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.