You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing watch apps question.

I have an app on my phone and watch called “interval pro”, it is an interval timer app. I want my son to have the app on his watch. We have family sharing for his watch, he does not have a cell phone. How to I get it on his watch? Is there a good resource to help me understand how apps on family sharing for the Apple Watch works?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 5:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 6:05 PM

You can see the 'Availability of features and apps' section in:

Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

but int may not be very helpful to you. Apple tends to discuss only Apple apps and not third-party apps. Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2021 6:05 PM in response to Jeff Chamberlain

You can see the 'Availability of features and apps' section in:

Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

but int may not be very helpful to you. Apple tends to discuss only Apple apps and not third-party apps. Note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

Family sharing watch apps question.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.