You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I permanently lose my music if I cancel my Apple Music?

I want to cancel my Apple Music subscription for a period of time or until I upgrade to a new iPhone due to low storage, more than half of my storage is taken up by Music, I know that you’ll lose my Music whenever I cancel my subscription but how how long until you lose all your songs permanently or will your songs still be there temporary until you decide to resubscribe, or will your songs still there for a certain period of time maybe weeks, months or years before it is permanently removed from your Apple ID

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 5:37 PM

10 replies

Oct 12, 2021 6:37 PM in response to fitsroy48

You will always have access to any songs you PURCHASED from the iTunes Store. You can always redownload them:

Redownload music - Apple Support

However, there is no guarantee if or for how long after the last billing cycle that your library will be retained for music that you LEASE with an Apple Music subscription. You will permanently lose all those songs.

Will I permanently lose my music if I cancel my Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.