You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer on iPhone SE not working (red bell is crossed out)

Hi, I've had a new iPhone SE for a few months and the ringer lately stopped working. It stopped working before the iOS update. The update did not fix it. The volume controls on the left side work but the little red bell has a line through it. When I go into Settings-Sounds&Haptics, I can move the "Ringer and Alerts" slider and the sound play for Ringtone.

The sound works on my phone for music too. Just I get no notification sounds for incoming calls, texts, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Oct 13, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 1:54 PM

Hi MichelleT18,

I had Googled so much about my issues online but got nothing. No, tapping on the bell icon didn't work. Finally, I found the fix that no one never mentions. The ringer hardware button has been switched off that I finally found here. LOL Why aren't people saying to check that first.? Anways, I'm back in action. cheers, Pete

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208353

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2021 1:54 PM in response to MichelleT18

Hi MichelleT18,

I had Googled so much about my issues online but got nothing. No, tapping on the bell icon didn't work. Finally, I found the fix that no one never mentions. The ringer hardware button has been switched off that I finally found here. LOL Why aren't people saying to check that first.? Anways, I'm back in action. cheers, Pete

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208353

Ringer on iPhone SE not working (red bell is crossed out)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.