You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I do a select all when a search filter is limiting the chosen emails?

I often use a search filter to find emails. How can I do a select all with the active filter? I usually want to move or trash them all…

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 11:43 AM

Greetings Soluna1969, 

It sounds like you’re wanting to select multiple emails at once in the Mail app. 

When using the Search function in the Mail app on your iPhone or even the Filter option, after the emails are found you can tap on Edit at the top right and then select the emails you want. There isn’t a way to ‘Select All’. However, after tapping Edit, you can tap the first message on the left by the circle and then slide your finger down on that left side to select each subsequent message, without having to tap each message individually. This is also described in the section, ‘Move or mark multiple emails’ here - Organize email in Mail on iPhone

Thank you. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Soluna1969

Greetings Soluna1969, 

It sounds like you’re wanting to select multiple emails at once in the Mail app. 

When using the Search function in the Mail app on your iPhone or even the Filter option, after the emails are found you can tap on Edit at the top right and then select the emails you want. There isn’t a way to ‘Select All’. However, after tapping Edit, you can tap the first message on the left by the circle and then slide your finger down on that left side to select each subsequent message, without having to tap each message individually. This is also described in the section, ‘Move or mark multiple emails’ here - Organize email in Mail on iPhone

Thank you. 

How do I do a select all when a search filter is limiting the chosen emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.