You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud shows 10GB of space but says too full to upload 19 photos?

Hi,

I'm confused. I got a message in Photos today on my iPhone saying that it can no longer upload any photos or video because iCloud is now full (and also that 19 photos weren't backed up). But when I went to settings>iCloud, it shows that I still have almost a full 10GB of open/free space left. If this is the case, why is Photos reporting that iCloud is so full it can't upload a few photos? Is there any way to fix this (other than upgrading to the next iCloud+ tier)? Any info would be great. Thanks so much!

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 7:06 PM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2021 2:34 PM in response to piecesofme

Hi there piecesofme,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're getting a storage full alert for iCloud, but you have 10GB of storage available. Be sure you're looking at iCloud storage in Settings >[your name] > iCloud. You can manage your iCloud storage without having to upgrade with the guidance provided in Manage your iCloud storage.

If your storage shows with available storage, restart your iPhone. Update to the latest iOS version in Settings > General > Software Update after completing a backup as shown in Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regards.

ICloud shows 10GB of space but says too full to upload 19 photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.