You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is Apple TV HD able to reproduce lossless audio?

I can't hear the difference when im playing music with the Apple TV. does any body here knows when is coming the upgrade?

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 8:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 8:43 AM

Lossless audio in Apple Music is available for Apple TV 4K, not for earlier models. Apple TV 4K will need to be connected to an AV receiver for this.

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

Apple TV HD can reproduce ALAC files through Home Sharing.

Apple TV HD technical specifications - Apple Support

I can't hear the difference

While the difference between AAC and lossless audio is virtually indistinguishable, Apple is offering Apple Music subscribers the option to access (select) music in lossless audio compression (ALAC).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2021 8:43 AM in response to danielfm90

Lossless audio in Apple Music is available for Apple TV 4K, not for earlier models. Apple TV 4K will need to be connected to an AV receiver for this.

About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

Apple TV HD can reproduce ALAC files through Home Sharing.

Apple TV HD technical specifications - Apple Support

I can't hear the difference

While the difference between AAC and lossless audio is virtually indistinguishable, Apple is offering Apple Music subscribers the option to access (select) music in lossless audio compression (ALAC).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.