You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted photos showing up on photo apps

Deleted photos showing up on photo apps-

I deleted photos on my iPhone but if I go to a third-party photo app like Facebook or CVS, when opening up their camera roll I see all of my deleted photos.

how can I get these photos permanently deleted or not show up with third parties. I thought they were deleted once I deleted them from my camera roll on my iPhone..

help!!

Posted on Oct 15, 2021 9:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 6:19 AM

These photos I have deleted about six months ago. And I did delete them from my deleted folder as well. Going to third-party photo apps, when they ask to access my photos on camera roll, you are able to see these deleted photos. Some of which are personal… I have set my Dr. some personal photos which required surgery.

I have since deleted those photos but CVS and even Facebook pull up these all deleted photos.

i’m just wondering why these third-party apps still have access to these files that have been deleted in many ways on my iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2021 6:19 AM in response to KMB_12

These photos I have deleted about six months ago. And I did delete them from my deleted folder as well. Going to third-party photo apps, when they ask to access my photos on camera roll, you are able to see these deleted photos. Some of which are personal… I have set my Dr. some personal photos which required surgery.

I have since deleted those photos but CVS and even Facebook pull up these all deleted photos.

i’m just wondering why these third-party apps still have access to these files that have been deleted in many ways on my iPhone.

Oct 16, 2021 4:39 PM in response to Jenconfused

Hi there Jenconfused,

We understand you have some questions about photos on your iPhone.

First, we wanted to mention that when you delete a photo in the Photos app, it will remain on the device for 30 days before it's removed permanently, to allow you the chance to recover any deleted photos. That said, you can remove them immediately by deleting them from the Recently Deleted folder. The following page explains how: Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Regarding other apps ability to access your photos, this can be managed using the steps outlined here: Control access to information in apps on iPhone

We hope this is helpful for you!

Oct 19, 2021 1:09 PM in response to Jenconfused

Thanks for keeping the thread informed Jenconfused,

Pictures that are stored in the Photos app would be permanently removed once deleted from the recently deleted folder. If you use iCloud for Photos, they would also be removed from any other signed in devices, and the cloud.

It may be that pictures are stored in a location other than the Photos app, like Files. The following page can help you check: Access and manage files in your iCloud Drive

If you don't see the pictures in the Photos app, or Files, it may be that they are stored with the third party app or service. You can get support specific to affected apps, by contacting the app developer: How to contact an app developer

Cheers!

Deleted photos showing up on photo apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.