You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deeply troubled 16inch MacBook Pro 2019... screen and motherboard replacement

Hi,

I am the sad owner of a 2019 Macbook Pro 16inch with 64GB of Ram, 2.3GHz i9, 8GB AMD Radeon Pro 5500M and 1TB of storage.

It has broken down and shows no image on the screen, there is some activity like the fan or the green caps lock light, but no touch bar and no external image via cable.

I live in Colombia (the country, not the state) and the certified Apple technician tells me that the motherboard as well as the screen must be replaced costing a little over 1900 dollars and taking up to month for ordering the motherboard with these specifications.

I am considering traveling to Miami in the US to get this fixed. Since I am in Colombia I can´t just go over to the next Mac store or even call in to ask the cost and time it would take.

So my question is: How much do this motherboard and screen cost? And is it possible to get it fixed in a couple of days?

I would love if anybody could provide this information.

All the best

Anton

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2021 2:07 PM

You will need to contact an authorized service provider located in the area where you will be and ask them. We are all other users here and do not know what the costs would be. You may even be able to arrange a repair where they already have the logic board and screen so you would not have to wait that long for the repair.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2021 2:07 PM in response to AntuanBuensol

You will need to contact an authorized service provider located in the area where you will be and ask them. We are all other users here and do not know what the costs would be. You may even be able to arrange a repair where they already have the logic board and screen so you would not have to wait that long for the repair.

Oct 16, 2021 7:45 PM in response to babowa

Thank you Babowa for your answer.

I was hoping that maybe somebody had experience with this to get a ballpark figure...

If I search for official Apple stores I always end up on the official Apple page... and there is never an email adress to ask the store directly and the chat assist doesnt know these things.

I guess it sounds logic to look for authorized repair services where I could go and they do have email contact (that sounds so weird in 2021)...

thanks again!

Deeply troubled 16inch MacBook Pro 2019... screen and motherboard replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.