You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XS Max Face ID not available

After automated update to iOS 15.0.2, Face ID is no longer available. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips from restarting the iphone to resetting the Face ID settings and nothing appears to change the issue.

Seeking guidance as I have become quite reliant on this feature.

Regards,

Brinksster

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:14 AM

Brinksster wrote:

After automated update to iOS 15.0.2, Face ID is no longer available. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips from restarting the iphone to resetting the Face ID settings and nothing appears to change the issue.

Regards,
Brinksster

Follow all steps here If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2021 8:14 AM in response to Brinksster

Brinksster wrote:

Regards,
Brinksster

Follow all steps here If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Oct 18, 2021 8:29 AM in response to razmee209

I have verified that the iOS version is at the latest.

I don't receive any messages regarding the TrueDepth camera. The Face ID feature had been working flawlessly up until the morning after the iOS upgrade occurred.

The other option mentioned on the page suggested above was to visit an Apple store. The closest store is over 2 hours away.

I would hope that there are other options available as a trip to the store without some hope of resolution, will be time consuming.

Oct 21, 2021 2:52 AM in response to Brinksster

Hello, same issue for me starting yesterday on an iPhone XS with iOS 15.0.2.

Question to Brinksster? Did your iPhone make contact with water recently?

Mine was in contact with going tap water for about 1 second yesterday and I'm wondering if this is what may have caused the issue with the truedepth camera used by FaceID.

It should not be the case since both XS and XS Max are IP68 compliant and can go under 2 meters of water for 30 minutes.

XS Max Face ID not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.