You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my safari is weird now after update and its hard to find the search bar and safari closes often

My safari on my ipad pro is no longer working correctly after I did my updates. It shuts down often and it also has no search bar anymore. Also when you close out all of your screens 'ghost screens' or 'shadows of screens' remain for a few seconds. Is there anything I can do to fix these issues?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:42 PM

Your missing search bar can likely be explained by a Safari being set for Compact Tab Bar. To restore Safari to its former functionality, simply change this setting to Separate Tab Bar in Safari settings:

1 reply

my safari is weird now after update and its hard to find the search bar and safari closes often

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.