You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I MOVE MUSIC FROM IPOD TO IPAD

I have an old iPod with music that is stored in iTunes. I recently purchased an iPad Pro and I want to move the music onto the iPad, but I can't figure out how to do it. It doesn't even seem that the iPad has iTunes, instead it just has app entitled "Music".

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:54 PM

You cannot “transfer” music or other media directly between iPod and iPhone/iPad. Assuming that your media was originally synchronised with you iPod from a PC or Mac computer, from your iTunes library, you must similarly synchronise this material with your iPad.

The Music App is where your synchronised media can be accessed and played - and for media purchased and downloaded directly from Apple, similarly accessed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2021 4:54 PM in response to patrickfkennedy51

You cannot “transfer” music or other media directly between iPod and iPhone/iPad. Assuming that your media was originally synchronised with you iPod from a PC or Mac computer, from your iTunes library, you must similarly synchronise this material with your iPad.

The Music App is where your synchronised media can be accessed and played - and for media purchased and downloaded directly from Apple, similarly accessed.

HOW DO I MOVE MUSIC FROM IPOD TO IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.