You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have hotspot will that work to Connect to my TV and then cast

I want to watch something on my phone and the big screen how do I do that I do not have a router I just have hotspot on my phone I phone 6

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:27 PM

Hi Wade! You can use your phone as a hotspot to allow your tv to connect to the internet! Keep in mind that you will want to keep your phone plugged in as this can cause the battery to go down. This will also use Mobile Data.

How can I use my iPhone as a hotspot?

As for casting your content on the Big screen, what device are you using? Are you using a Wi-Fi TV? Or are using a 3rd party device like a Chromecast, Amazon fire TV stick, or an Apple TV?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2021 9:27 PM in response to wade49

Hi Wade! You can use your phone as a hotspot to allow your tv to connect to the internet! Keep in mind that you will want to keep your phone plugged in as this can cause the battery to go down. This will also use Mobile Data.

How can I use my iPhone as a hotspot?

As for casting your content on the Big screen, what device are you using? Are you using a Wi-Fi TV? Or are using a 3rd party device like a Chromecast, Amazon fire TV stick, or an Apple TV?

I have hotspot will that work to Connect to my TV and then cast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.