You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notice of data leak

Got a message of my passwords appearing in a data leak. Is this an Apple notification or a fake. The list of my passwords involve almost all my sites. Seems suspicious to me.

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 10:01 PM

Gjmh Said:

"Notice of data leak: Got a message of my passwords appearing in a data leak. Is this an Apple notification or a fake. The list of my passwords involve almost all my sites. Seems suspicious to me."

-------

Report This:

Yes. it is a scam. Apple would not send you such a message. So, report it to Apple, and then delete it. Perform as instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2021 10:01 PM in response to Gjmh

Gjmh Said:

"Notice of data leak: Got a message of my passwords appearing in a data leak. Is this an Apple notification or a fake. The list of my passwords involve almost all my sites. Seems suspicious to me."

-------

Report This:

Yes. it is a scam. Apple would not send you such a message. So, report it to Apple, and then delete it. Perform as instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support

Notice of data leak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.