You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music recognition not working after updating IOS 15

Music recognition in control center says "we were unable to find anything" on my 11 pro after updating IOS 15

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 5:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:27 AM

Hi baejid_01,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Shazam in Control Center. It appears it couldn't find a result.

Have you updated to iOS 15.0.2?

Have you restarted the device?

Please see: Use Shazam on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac.

Have you checked that the mic has access?

"Shazam needs access to the microphone on your device to hear what you're listening to. On iPhone or iPad, open Settings, scroll down to the installed apps and tap Shazam, then turn on Microphone. If you don’t see an option for Microphone, you might have restrictions turned on for Privacy settings."

Have a fantastic day!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2021 7:27 AM in response to baejid_01

Hi baejid_01,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Shazam in Control Center. It appears it couldn't find a result.

Have you updated to iOS 15.0.2?

Have you restarted the device?

Please see: Use Shazam on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac.

Have you checked that the mic has access?

"Shazam needs access to the microphone on your device to hear what you're listening to. On iPhone or iPad, open Settings, scroll down to the installed apps and tap Shazam, then turn on Microphone. If you don’t see an option for Microphone, you might have restrictions turned on for Privacy settings."

Have a fantastic day!

Oct 20, 2021 10:58 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Thanks for your reply. However, yes my device is updated to IOS 15.0.2. I even tried restarting. I don't have the Shazam app installed just Iike I didn't have it installed back then when using IOS 14. Before the update, the music recognition was working just fine even without installing the Shazam app.

Note: I really do not want to separately install the Shazam app because the music recognition was working just fine before the update even without the Shazam app.

Oct 23, 2021 3:16 PM in response to baejid_01

Same thing happened to me since iOS 15.0.2, and I've tried removing and adding beck Sound Recognition from Control Center, but still not working. I also added Shazam shortcuts on Shortcuts app but it shows "Shazam server could not be contacted".

None of these problems happened in Shazam app when I downloaded it. Maybe in next iOS update this would be solved.

Music recognition not working after updating IOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.