You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why there is no option to remove App Library on iphones?

I am using iphone devices more than a decade now and I lost my patience about the new updates and how apple is not listening their users feedback.

I mean it should be possible to remove "App Library" completely or at least we should be able to remove certain apps visibility on app library section.

Could you please start listening your audience?

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 8:52 AM

This is a user helping other users with tech questions

forum, you are not addressing apple here  just  fellow users

the only apple folk here are the mods who remove post that violate the rules of the forums

you can try

contacting apple Get Support (apple.com)

and or give them

feedback Product Feedback - Apple

11 replies

Oct 20, 2021 8:54 AM in response to consummatumest

Who are you talking to? This is a user-to-user technical support site operated by Apple, no Apple management is here. Go here to send feedback to Apple -> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

You are making the assumption that because you want this that the majority of Apple users want it. I think the vast majority of users don’t even know it exists because they never swipe to the last page. Since Apple added it to iPadOS 15.x I don’t think I it is going away.

Nov 20, 2021 8:14 AM in response to deggie

Well firstly yes the forum here is the wrong place to complain about this.

However if there is any way to remove it surely the forum is a good place to start.

I'm afraid I agree i hate this app library feature, It is redundant and potentially dangerous for peoples personal privacy and is forcing users to have the feature on the phone whether they like it or not. I do not want anyone and everyone being able to access my phone and it is really easy top swipe left and have a list of all your apps exposed for the world to see.

I have been onto the customer care and nothing can done about it at the moment.

Nov 20, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Jodyjal

Jodyjal wrote:

However if there is any way to remove it surely the forum is a good place to start.

I'm afraid I agree i hate this app library feature, It is redundant and potentially dangerous for peoples personal privacy and is forcing users to have the feature on the phone whether they like it or not. I do not want anyone and everyone being able to access my phone and it is really easy top swipe left and have a list of all your apps exposed for the world to see.

That is all total nonsense. How can it possibly be a personal privacy issue on a PERSONAL PHONE that is only used by you? And even if someone saw it, what is there to hide? They can see all of your apps on the other pages of your Home screen.

If you don’t want to use it, just don’t swipe to the last page of your Home screen. It’s that simple. I don’t use it often, and, as a result, I never see it.

And no, it will never go away. With iPad OS 15 it was added to iPads, showing that Apple plans to keep it. If you don’t want the App Library you can throw away your phone. That will work. But don’t get an Android; it has the same feature (it actually had it before Apple added it).

Nov 21, 2021 1:50 AM in response to Jodyjal

First you say:

And then proceed to do what? Complain about it. This though is even more special:

I do not want anyone and everyone being able to access my phone and it is really easy top swipe left and have a list of all your apps exposed for the world to see

But, my friend, if they have access to your phone then they can already see all the apps on your phone, plus all your private data. In fact to get to the App Library they have to swipe through all the pages of your Home Screen - thereby seeing all the apps you have before the even get to the App Library. So, frankly, the argument that this represents a privacy issue is specious nonsense.

I don’t like the feature and should be able to delete it it if I want to

This is untrue too. You buy a product as it is offered. If you don't like the offering then get a different product. You install an upgrade as it is offered. You don't get to chop off bits you don't like for incoherent reasons. If you don't like the upgrade, don't install it. If you don't like the OS, don't buy an iPhone.

Nov 21, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Jodyjal

I am deaf, and I don’t ever use the Phone app. How about Apple removing the Phone app because I don’t use it? That simply doesn’t make much sense in the larger picture. It is much easier for a single user to grow and adapt than for a corporation to change. If you don’t want a particular app or feature then the best thing to do is simply don’t use it.

Nov 21, 2021 9:13 AM in response to Jodyjal

Jodyjal wrote:

I don’t like the feature and should be able to delete it it if I want to. It is totally irrelevant when the apps are already on your Home Screen.

That’s really too bad, because you can’t remove it and most likely will never be able to, so just accept it, as explained in Reinhold Niebuhr’s Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 

courage to change the things I can, 

and wisdom to know the difference.

Why there is no option to remove App Library on iphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.