You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted and overwritten iCloud data

I accidentally deleted data files from my MacBook and iCloud, where I had been backing up, while I was trying to clear what I thought were unused files from the MacBoo’s registry. So basically, I have no backup now and I have tried running the recovery option on iCloud but the data seems to have been overwritten. Is it possible to get access to backed up data, which may not be online, of a specific date, like the beginning of September 2021?

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 12:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 11:31 AM

Any file in iCloud is also on your device; so if you delete a file, and then delete from trash, it is permanently deleted. You cannot back up a MacBook to the cloud so I'm not sure what data you're looking for...

Similar questions

1 reply

Accidentally deleted and overwritten iCloud data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.