You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud apple ID alias email

Hi,

i am getting frustrated in the process of cleaning and shifting my stuff from gmail and hotmail and their respective drives into the apple universe.

How do i delete or at least change this in the blue box:

note: my apple id is old, vast my library. creating a new apple id and start all over again is not an option.

cheers for help

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 2:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 2:38 AM

Marcelooo_apple Said:

"Change iCloud apple ID alias email: appreciate the swift reply! one more: it seem that its also impossible to use the 'primary email address' or any of its aliases as my apple-id (log-in), right?"

-------

You are welcome.

No. You can.

1. Go Here: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
  2. As it reads: "If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later."

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2021 2:38 AM in response to Marcelooo_apple

Marcelooo_apple Said:

"Change iCloud apple ID alias email: appreciate the swift reply! one more: it seem that its also impossible to use the 'primary email address' or any of its aliases as my apple-id (log-in), right?"

-------

You are welcome.

No. You can.

1. Go Here: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
  2. As it reads: "If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address that was created within the last 30 days, you will be asked to try again later."

Oct 21, 2021 2:09 AM in response to Marcelooo_apple

Marcelooo_apple Said:

"Change iCloud apple ID alias email: Hi, i am getting frustrated in the process of cleaning and shifting my stuff from gmail and hotmail and their respective drives into the apple universe. How do i delete or at least change this in the blue box:"

-------

This is not an Option:

You cannot delete the primary eMail address.

Where to Go:

1. See Here: Add and Manage eMail Aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: The bottom of the page
  3. As it Reads: "You can’t delete or turn off a primary iCloud Mail address."

Change iCloud apple ID alias email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.