You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch on different network

If was to buy an Apple watch cellular on an O2 contract would I be able to use it on my iphone which is on the EE network?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:16 AM

I would think it unlikely but you'd have to ask O2 to be certain. FWIW I found EE offered the best support when I first got a cellular watch. I don't think O2 were doing it at the time, and Vodafone weren't doing visual voicemail so I ended up switching providers twice in a week. AFAIK you need to have both devices on the same network to have handoff between the devices work properly. Perhaps EE can match O2's offer.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2021 5:16 AM in response to Gingerben1979

I would think it unlikely but you'd have to ask O2 to be certain. FWIW I found EE offered the best support when I first got a cellular watch. I don't think O2 were doing it at the time, and Vodafone weren't doing visual voicemail so I ended up switching providers twice in a week. AFAIK you need to have both devices on the same network to have handoff between the devices work properly. Perhaps EE can match O2's offer.

tt2

Oct 21, 2021 5:11 AM in response to Gingerben1979

Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same network provider, and you must be within your provider’s network when you set up cellular on your watch.

Apple Watch on different network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.