You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my passcode on a stolen phone

Can I change my iphoneXR passcode that is stolen ?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 4:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:36 AM

This article (and links in it) tells you what you can do if you have a stolen device If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

You can remotely erase the device so if you have a weak passcode on the device the data won't be on it any more.

Erase a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/erase-your-device-mmfc0ef36f/icloud - "If your iOS device, Apple Watch, or Mac is lost or stolen, you can erase it if you set up Find My iPhone on the device before it was lost."

- "After you erase a device, you can’t use Find My iPhone to locate the device or play a sound on it."

- "Activation Lock remains on to protect the device. Your Apple ID and password are required to reactivate the device."

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2021 7:36 AM in response to shannonfromector

This article (and links in it) tells you what you can do if you have a stolen device If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

You can remotely erase the device so if you have a weak passcode on the device the data won't be on it any more.

Erase a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/erase-your-device-mmfc0ef36f/icloud - "If your iOS device, Apple Watch, or Mac is lost or stolen, you can erase it if you set up Find My iPhone on the device before it was lost."

- "After you erase a device, you can’t use Find My iPhone to locate the device or play a sound on it."

- "Activation Lock remains on to protect the device. Your Apple ID and password are required to reactivate the device."

Can I change my passcode on a stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.