You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS Mail app fetches wrong attachments

On my iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (4th generation), the iPadOS Mail app fetches the wrong email attachments from my Gmail account.

I do not have this problem on my iPad Pro (9.7 inch) (A1674), nor my iPhone 12 Pro (A2406).

I tried deleting my Gmail mail account from my device, and then adding it again. This did not help.

The email attachments do not have similar names. My iPadOS is up to date (15.0.2).

This is a big issue for me, as I use my iPad as a professional tool, and need to be sure that correct attachments are sent and received.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:55 AM

Thanks for the input. This did not solve my issue.

When I removed and re-added the account, I manually entered the settings for the account, with no effect.

I restarted the iPad, force closed the Mail app. This also had no effect.

I deleted the account again, deleted the Mail app altogether, including all data, restarted the iPad, reinstalled the Mail app, and re-added the account (as well as the other 15 mail accounts I sync), and this seemed to finally fix the problem for now.

There really wasn’t anything different in the use of my iPad in recent months. It is a mystery as to why this occurred. Like I mentioned in my introductory message, the problem did not occur on any of my other Apple devices, only my iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (4th generation).

Thanks again for your support.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2021 7:55 AM in response to KMB_12

Thanks for the input. This did not solve my issue.

When I removed and re-added the account, I manually entered the settings for the account, with no effect.

I restarted the iPad, force closed the Mail app. This also had no effect.

I deleted the account again, deleted the Mail app altogether, including all data, restarted the iPad, reinstalled the Mail app, and re-added the account (as well as the other 15 mail accounts I sync), and this seemed to finally fix the problem for now.

There really wasn’t anything different in the use of my iPad in recent months. It is a mystery as to why this occurred. Like I mentioned in my introductory message, the problem did not occur on any of my other Apple devices, only my iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (4th generation).

Thanks again for your support.

Oct 23, 2021 1:23 PM in response to PommesDeRoute

Thanks for posting PommesDeRoute,

We understand you're encountering an issue with Gmail attachments in the Mail app on your iPad. Removing and re-adding the account was a good step to take. Do you have any other accounts with attachments setup in the app, or is there another account you can setup to isolate the behavior?

When you removed and re-added the account, was that done automatically, or did you manually enter settings or the account?

If you haven't yet, we also recommend restarting the affected iPad normally, and force closing the Mail app on the device, so a fresh instance is opened the next time you tap the icon.

Restart your iPad

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

We hope this helps!

iPadOS Mail app fetches wrong attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.