You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to Airplay video to one device and audio to another from an iPad Pro?

I have an iPad Pro 12.9, and I am curious if it is possible to Airplay video to my television, while also using airplay to play the audio through my Sonos speakers. Is this possible or do I need to get Apple TV to make it happen?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 10:52 AM

Hello MikeMarz,

We see you're looking to AirPlay audio and video separately, and we can help to clarify.

If the speakers are what you use for audio output from the TV normally, then it should be able to work when selecting the TV as the AirPlay destination.

However, if you happen to be looking to split the connection to manually specify a separate audio and video device, then this would not be an available option.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you happen to wish to provide feedback, this page will be the best place to do so: Product Feedback

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2021 10:52 AM in response to MikeMarz

Hello MikeMarz,

We see you're looking to AirPlay audio and video separately, and we can help to clarify.

If the speakers are what you use for audio output from the TV normally, then it should be able to work when selecting the TV as the AirPlay destination.

However, if you happen to be looking to split the connection to manually specify a separate audio and video device, then this would not be an available option.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you happen to wish to provide feedback, this page will be the best place to do so: Product Feedback

Cheers.

Is it possible to Airplay video to one device and audio to another from an iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.