You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Family sharing issues

iCloud family sharing has been set up and invitation accepted however family members account doesn't reflect that.

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:20 PM

Hello,

You may have already done both but I want to mention this just in case.

As the organizer you first need to set up the Family Group then need to share the iCloud+ plan with members. The automatic features are just a shared calendar, photo album, and reminders. Subscriptions, iCloud, Location, etc are all secondary which need enabled by the organizer.

If you already did that and the family member already had their own iCloud+ plan they need to switch to the family plan and end their own. Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

It should automatically start if they only had the free 5G plan. However, they may need to turn the individual iCloud+ features on such as backups and iCloud Drive in their device settings. Change your iCloud settings - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2021 7:20 PM in response to galodoidousa

Hello,

You may have already done both but I want to mention this just in case.

As the organizer you first need to set up the Family Group then need to share the iCloud+ plan with members. The automatic features are just a shared calendar, photo album, and reminders. Subscriptions, iCloud, Location, etc are all secondary which need enabled by the organizer.

If you already did that and the family member already had their own iCloud+ plan they need to switch to the family plan and end their own. Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

It should automatically start if they only had the free 5G plan. However, they may need to turn the individual iCloud+ features on such as backups and iCloud Drive in their device settings. Change your iCloud settings - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

iCloud Family sharing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.