You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot iPad password. However, don’t want to lose my data. Very important. Suggestions please.

is there a way to log into my iPad without loosing my important data?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 1:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 1:42 AM

The passcode - the six or four digit number used to lock the iPad - is stored only on the device: so it can't be retrieved - Apple can't help you - and I'm afraid the only way to unlock the iPad is to erase it as described in the page linked to at the top of this page. If you have made a backup you can restore it from that afterwards. If you haven't made a backup I'm afraid there is no way of saving the contents.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2021 1:42 AM in response to BoyfriendJeans

The passcode - the six or four digit number used to lock the iPad - is stored only on the device: so it can't be retrieved - Apple can't help you - and I'm afraid the only way to unlock the iPad is to erase it as described in the page linked to at the top of this page. If you have made a backup you can restore it from that afterwards. If you haven't made a backup I'm afraid there is no way of saving the contents.

Oct 26, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hello, thank you. For clarification.. my data is pictures and video. I have tried 3 times to log in, al failed with the last message saying I was logged out for 15 minutes. I want to keep trying until I figure out my password. Will my device eventually not let me attempt to log in after so many times or will I have endless opportunities to put in my password?

Forgot iPad password. However, don’t want to lose my data. Very important. Suggestions please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.