You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd behavior in Finder search

I started searching for that skylight highlighted string in "SLIDESHOW" folder. Nothing found.

Expanded the search to "This Mac". One of the results is located at the SLIDESHOW folder.

I also tried search string without the extension .JPG and it in lowercase: same result: nothing found.

How can this be understood?

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 8:31 AM

Daniel Stonek wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ccf06487-c1da-4e4f-89fc-b5a6ecb83eb6
I started searching for that skylight highlighted string in "SLIDESHOW" folder. Nothing found.
Expanded the search to "This Mac". One of the results is located at the SLIDESHOW folder.
I also tried search string without the extension .JPG and it in lowercase: same result: nothing found.
Thanks

You can always rebuild the spotlight search—this is the same database your Finder uses

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2021 8:31 AM in response to Daniel Stonek

Daniel Stonek wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ccf06487-c1da-4e4f-89fc-b5a6ecb83eb6
Thanks

You can always rebuild the spotlight search—this is the same database your Finder uses

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Odd behavior in Finder search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.