You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPad File

Hi. I have an important excel file saved in my iCloud drive (iPad). Strangely I was not able to open the file today, and when I did, it showed me a month-old version. I have an automatic backup, but I do not know how to retrieve the file from the latest backup. Please help. Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 4:44 PM

Nómadas Said:

"Lost iPad File: Hi. I have an important excel file saved in my iCloud drive (iPad). Strangely I was not able to open the file today, and when I did, it showed me a month-old version. I have an automatic backup, but I do not know how to retrieve the file from the latest backup. Please help. Thanks"

--------

Browse iCloud:

Go to iCloud, and see if it resides in there: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive. Important: Consider using a computer to perform this, as It would be more user-friendly doing so.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2021 4:44 PM in response to Nómadas

Nómadas Said:

"Lost iPad File: Hi. I have an important excel file saved in my iCloud drive (iPad). Strangely I was not able to open the file today, and when I did, it showed me a month-old version. I have an automatic backup, but I do not know how to retrieve the file from the latest backup. Please help. Thanks"

--------

Browse iCloud:

Go to iCloud, and see if it resides in there: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive. Important: Consider using a computer to perform this, as It would be more user-friendly doing so.

Lost iPad File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.