You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I erase, everything from my new iphone, will icloud transfer all my apps and data and photos to my new iphone

if I erase, everything from my new iphone, will icloud transfer all my apps,data and photos from my old iphone to new iphone

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 4:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 4:37 PM

Here are the methods for migrating data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone:

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Assuming the same Apple ID will be used on both…

An iCloud backup can be used to migrate your contents to a new device, and content hosted in iCloud (depending on what parts of iCloud are enabled, if anything) will remain available, and apps can either be migrated during the migration (they’ll technically be re-downloaded from Apple, but the setup and folders and screen layout will all be preserved), or can be selectively and manually re-downloaded from Apple.

If you erase without a backup, then any data not already configured for and stored in iCloud will be erased.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2021 4:37 PM in response to rhoda217

Here are the methods for migrating data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone:

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Assuming the same Apple ID will be used on both…

An iCloud backup can be used to migrate your contents to a new device, and content hosted in iCloud (depending on what parts of iCloud are enabled, if anything) will remain available, and apps can either be migrated during the migration (they’ll technically be re-downloaded from Apple, but the setup and folders and screen layout will all be preserved), or can be selectively and manually re-downloaded from Apple.

If you erase without a backup, then any data not already configured for and stored in iCloud will be erased.

if I erase, everything from my new iphone, will icloud transfer all my apps and data and photos to my new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.