You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just subscribed to Apple Music family sharing and shared with my family members who already had an individual account. Will their subscription for the individual plan cancel or should they manually cancel their individual subscription

I just subscribed to Apple Music family sharing and shared with my family members who already had an individual account. Will their subscription for the individual plan cancel or should they manually cancel their individual subscription

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 6:31 PM

According to the footnote in the first section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

They should NOT cancel manually or they will lose their current music library and have to start from scratch.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2021 6:31 PM in response to LDAN21

According to the footnote in the first section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

They should NOT cancel manually or they will lose their current music library and have to start from scratch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.