You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not downloading to iTunes on computer.

I downloaded a song to my iPad from Apple but when I sync to my computer it won't download to the iTunes that I have on it.

For what it's worth the song disappears to a playlist I have it added it to when I try and sync it to.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 10:46 AM

You cannot copy songs from the iPad to iTunes. To have songs purchased from the iTunes Store in your iTunes Library, you need to be signed into your iTunes account, in iTunes, on that computer. I am not aware of any way to get round this.

Is it possible that songs that you have previously managed to get into your iTunes Library did not come from the iTunes Store, or your iPad? Did you copy songs from a USB stick (memory card etc.) onto your computer?

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2021 10:46 AM in response to pawnraider

You cannot copy songs from the iPad to iTunes. To have songs purchased from the iTunes Store in your iTunes Library, you need to be signed into your iTunes account, in iTunes, on that computer. I am not aware of any way to get round this.

Is it possible that songs that you have previously managed to get into your iTunes Library did not come from the iTunes Store, or your iPad? Did you copy songs from a USB stick (memory card etc.) onto your computer?

Oct 25, 2021 2:15 PM in response to pawnraider

Is your iTunes Library (on the computer) signed into the same account that you used to buy the song on the iPad?

pawnraider wrote:

Please note that my iPad iOS is up to date and not as shown. I just don't know how to update that.

Do you mean this?

Frustrating, isn't it? It's an Apple peculiarity. I especially like* the "Windows 6" tag that often appears at the end of a post.

* British sarcasm, for those who didn't realise.

Music not downloading to iTunes on computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.