You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

search contents of iCloud (online/via browser ONLY)

Hi, I'm wondering how I can search for files located within my iCloud Drive. I realize I can do it through Finder but I'm trying to determine and confirm if the files actually exist in iCloud. Why in the world would iCloud be so limited in its search functionality and data presentation?

Want to literally log into my iCloud drive through a browser and verify a particular files existence within iCloud, ensure its version etc.

Thx

Derek

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 12:45 PM

5 replies

Oct 26, 2021 4:09 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi, thanks for your response. I am very familiar with accessing the files via icloud.com directly, the problem is that through the web interface there is no way to "search" for a file so if I have 10,000 files in 1,000 directories, I have to go through one by one to locate the file as opposed to using a logical search methodology....this is unless I am completely missing something or misunderstanding your response.

So for example, if I am on vacation without my computer and need to access a file (as I know ...or think...I am have them all stored in iCloud), I could use another to log into my iCloud account. The issue is that there is no way to easily find the file within iCloud via the browser. This to me seems like the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard...DropBox, GoogleDrive, Box, OneDrive and every other cloud storage on the planet have this....how could Apple not?

Thx

Derek

search contents of iCloud (online/via browser ONLY)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.