You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Battery

I just bought a new Apple Watch 7. I charged the Watch overnight to 100%. The battery has not lasted long at all. I just upgraded from the Apple Watch 1, which seems to be having a better battery life than this one. After 10-12 hours of wearing the Watch, with minimal notifications and changing some of the settings, it’s down 74% already. I was wondering if there is a defect in this Watch or what other options you have to make the battery last longer

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:41 PM

Actually, after 10-12 hours of use and only being down to 74% sounds pretty good. To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

According to the 'Apple Watch Series 7 Battery Information' section in:

"...Our goal for battery life is 18 hours after an overnight charge..."

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2021 7:41 PM in response to MichaelSchwartz1

Actually, after 10-12 hours of use and only being down to 74% sounds pretty good. To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

According to the 'Apple Watch Series 7 Battery Information' section in:

"...Our goal for battery life is 18 hours after an overnight charge..."

Apple Watch Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.