You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant download Monterey on my Late 2014 iMac, purchased 2015

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:26 PM

Late 2014 iMacs are not supported.

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

8 replies

Nov 12, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Lanny

Being an owner of an late-2014 iMac 27" 5K Retina I'm not going to be able to upgrade my OS any further than Big Sur 11.6.1. I use my iMac mostly for photo editing in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Should I be concerned that I won't be able to use my iMac w. Adobe in the next 2-3 years?

If yes, rather than replacing the 2014 iMac w. a 2021 iMac I'm considering purchasing a Mac Mini and connecting to my 27" iMac. Should I go this route are there any downsides? Thanks.

Dec 29, 2021 3:36 PM in response to paulinefromjacksonville

paulinefromjacksonville wrote:

I need help as my old 2014 IMAC tried loading Monterey automatically since it was sent to me and has not been able to install it. I have tried un installing it and it has messed up Safari.

I am not able to click on any links and go to those new pages. Everything reverts to my home page.

How do I get this fixed?

Thanks!

You have a different sounding problem than the others, please start your own new question/topic and explain the history more precisely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.