You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to reply to messages in iOS 15 without unlocking phone

In iOS14, I could respond to text messages/whatsapp without unlocking my phone. Is this a new limitation in iOS15 or do I need to change a setting?

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Hi markshark15,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you can't respond to messages on your iPhone from the Lock screen. If you have an iPhone X or later or an iPad with Face ID, turn on Reply with Message in Settings > Face ID & Passcode to reply from Lock screen. You can view this and additional details in the support article Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 8:09 AM in response to markshark15

Hi markshark15,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you can't respond to messages on your iPhone from the Lock screen. If you have an iPhone X or later or an iPad with Face ID, turn on Reply with Message in Settings > Face ID & Passcode to reply from Lock screen. You can view this and additional details in the support article Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regards.

Nov 17, 2021 4:55 PM in response to markshark15

Eldreda2437,

Do you see the message icon from your Lock screen? If so, is it responsive when touched? What happens when you try to send a message? Be sure your iPhone has been restarted and update to to the latest iOS version shown in Settings > General > Software Version.

Feel free to post more details about the issue here.

Regards.

Not able to reply to messages in iOS 15 without unlocking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.