You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

Hello,

We have an Apple Watch that we give to a family member to use for the last few weeks of their life. After their passing I was given the watch back. I was able to reset the watch but now it looks like Activation Lock is still enabled on the watch and without the password I can't use the watch for one of my kids. Is there a way to fully reset the watch? We have talked to the widow and she doesn't know the apple ID password for the account used.

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 12:56 PM

If you are the original owner and made the purchase of the Watch and have the original receipt, you can contact Apple for assistance. If not, the widow would be able to contact Apple to access their Apple account. See this, How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2021 12:56 PM in response to BlakeDarwinXK

If you are the original owner and made the purchase of the Watch and have the original receipt, you can contact Apple for assistance. If not, the widow would be able to contact Apple to access their Apple account. See this, How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.