You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION on Apple TV

All of a sudden my Apple TV is telling me it needs Two-Factor Authentication when it never did before. How can I either turn this feature off or find what the "two factors" are? This is something I never set up on my Apple TV. Very frustrating.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:08 AM

It basically means you will need a secondary device when signing in somewhere new with your Apple ID account. This would help prevent unauthorized use of your account, making the account much more secure.

This could have been activated with a password change.

If you want to revert (unenroll), then do so within the first two weeks of having it active.

TFA may be needed for some secure features.

TFA “trusted devices” can be set up on your Apple device, or on the Apple ID site.

You would get the verification codes on another Apple device, or on a mobile phone by SMS text message.

what the "two factors" are?
  1. Your account credentials (account name + password)
  2. The verification code
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 8:08 AM in response to catonpub

It basically means you will need a secondary device when signing in somewhere new with your Apple ID account. This would help prevent unauthorized use of your account, making the account much more secure.

This could have been activated with a password change.

If you want to revert (unenroll), then do so within the first two weeks of having it active.

TFA may be needed for some secure features.

TFA “trusted devices” can be set up on your Apple device, or on the Apple ID site.

You would get the verification codes on another Apple device, or on a mobile phone by SMS text message.

what the "two factors" are?
  1. Your account credentials (account name + password)
  2. The verification code

TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.