You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail - Can Not Find One Single Unread Mail

Hi,

Apple Mail - Catalina - can not find one unread mail. I have several smart folders on left sidebar. and some show 1 unread mail. When I choose filter unread (top right) on any of these folders they are empty.

I want to find this single unread mail and make it read but can not find it. How can I clear out this single email unread count?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 10:02 AM

Are you sure its in a smart folder? It could be showing up on "My Mac" or somewhere thats in iCloud that hasn't been transferred to a smart folder yet ie. Inbox, junk, trash, etc.. Drop down unread mail for each of these folders that is not a smart mailbox. Hope it helps not just a redundant answer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 10:02 AM in response to revDAVE

Are you sure its in a smart folder? It could be showing up on "My Mac" or somewhere thats in iCloud that hasn't been transferred to a smart folder yet ie. Inbox, junk, trash, etc.. Drop down unread mail for each of these folders that is not a smart mailbox. Hope it helps not just a redundant answer.

Apple Mail - Can Not Find One Single Unread Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.