You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to hookup my new 2021 Mac Mini to my IMac -27 as a second dispaly cant see, to connect

Trying to hookup my new 2021 Mac Mini to my IMac -27 as a second display cant seem to connect.....using Thunderbolt cable from apple .. Any ideas or previous experience ?? It can't be this difficult??

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:00 PM

No iMac can be used as a monitor for the 2021 Mac mini.

Apple have deprecated target display mode wince the release of Big Sur and any iMac since 2014.

You'll need to buy a regular monitor.

There has been some misreporting in COVID-19 times that it can be done. It cannot. There is no Apple solution for this.

You might look at 3rd-party options like Luna Display or Duet Display.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 9:00 PM in response to MacMini2nddisplay

No iMac can be used as a monitor for the 2021 Mac mini.

Apple have deprecated target display mode wince the release of Big Sur and any iMac since 2014.

You'll need to buy a regular monitor.

There has been some misreporting in COVID-19 times that it can be done. It cannot. There is no Apple solution for this.

You might look at 3rd-party options like Luna Display or Duet Display.

Trying to hookup my new 2021 Mac Mini to my IMac -27 as a second dispaly cant see, to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.