You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone had an issue with their IMAC freezing while loading Monterey?

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 2:39 PM

I cannot thank you enough for your knowledge and time. I followed the link you provided and went to the section where it discusses the computer stalls while opening showing the Apple Logo and the Progress bar. I followed the instruction and had to unplug all accessories before it would finally finish the start up. It finally worked and I am typing this from the desktop.

Again, I am most grateful for your patience and persistence in working with me to resolve the problem.

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2021 2:39 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I cannot thank you enough for your knowledge and time. I followed the link you provided and went to the section where it discusses the computer stalls while opening showing the Apple Logo and the Progress bar. I followed the instruction and had to unplug all accessories before it would finally finish the start up. It finally worked and I am typing this from the desktop.

Again, I am most grateful for your patience and persistence in working with me to resolve the problem.

Oct 28, 2021 4:36 PM in response to Terrence F

Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it. This report will help us get a good idea what has been installed on your system and help us be able to diagnose what may be wrong.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again.

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

Oct 29, 2021 1:17 PM in response to Terrence F

I suspect that you may have a hardware problem. Please read the following and use the steps within. If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

If you still do not have luck then please call AppleCare to book an appointment at your local AASP. If you happen to be in the USA that number is (800) 275-2273. Outside the USA please refer to AppleCare contact Information

Best of luck!

Oct 30, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Terrence F

Yes sort of. I started the update (said 9 hours even though it goes a lot faster than that) so I walked away. The update stopped 3 times, so on the 4th try I babysat it and went into the settings panel every 10 minutes or so and it finally loaded, installed and updated. Not sure what that's about, possibly turning the screen saver feature off while you're downloading.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.