You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 16.2" 2021 wont charge when turned off

Hello Community.

I have the new Macbook pro 2021. If I shut down the computer and plug in the magsafe, it wont charge. The magsafe keeps flashing orange. However if i turn on the computer, it charges normally. If i shut down with the plug still attached, it keeps charging. But i find it weird.... Is this normal?

All the best!

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 12:54 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 4, 2021 4:47 AM in response to Newuser1122

There's a thread about this on the MacRumors forum. It might have to do with the fast charging feature of the 140 watt power adapter when the MBP is under 80 percent charge. The problem only shows up when the MBP is fully shut down and the power adapter is then plugged in. I just received a 16 inch M1 Pro, and I'm going to test this when I get the battery charge down below 80 percent so that fast charging is enabled.

Macbook Pro M1 16.2" 2021 wont charge when turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.