You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone12 pro max locked to owner

I brought a second hand iphone12 pro max on social media buy ,sell,swap and it is coming up with iphone locked to owner also I cannot manage to contact the previous owner for the details.what do I do ?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 7:23 PM

You need to contact the person who sold you the iPhone and send them this link -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If they refuse to cooperate tell them you want to return it for a refund. If they provided you with the original receipt from when they purchased it from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller plus a dated receipt for your purchase Apple may be able to assist you.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2021 7:23 PM in response to henare192

You need to contact the person who sold you the iPhone and send them this link -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If they refuse to cooperate tell them you want to return it for a refund. If they provided you with the original receipt from when they purchased it from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller plus a dated receipt for your purchase Apple may be able to assist you.

Oct 29, 2021 7:46 PM in response to henare192

henare192 Said:

"Iphone12 pro max locked to owner: I brought a second hand iphone12 pro max on social media buy ,sell,swap and it is coming up with iphone locked to owner also I cannot manage to contact the previous owner for the details.what do I do ?"

-------

What's "social media buy"?

Seems you were scammed by the seller. So, if purchasing this through a site comes to play (i.e. eBay), then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable. The seller should have known better.

Iphone12 pro max locked to owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.