You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS 12.0.1 (21A559) wifi connection issues

I have updated my M1-PowerBook to Monterey (12.0.1 (21A559)) and for a few days it was ok. As of today when I try to connect to my wifi it keeps trying to establish a connection and once it connects it disconnects after 5 seconds or so !!!

Any suggestions? I have shut down my computer several times and even reset my PARM.

Powerbook

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 6:50 PM

7 replies

Nov 1, 2021 2:16 PM in response to gss2

Hey gss2,

It sounds like you have some concerns with your MacBook's internet disconnecting.

Check out this resource to go though Wireless Diagnostics, as this can help check for any obvious issues: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Also be sure that there isn't any potential interference that could be affecting the connection:  Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support.

As another step, resetting the SMC to see if it resolves the issue: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support.

Take care. 

Nov 2, 2021 1:49 PM in response to gss2

Hey gss2,

Thanks for following up. You're correct that on an M1 Mac you will not be able to reset the SMC. You mentioned you tried the key combination, can you explain a little more about what you mean? Are you referring to starting the diagnostics? Are you using the built-in keyboard on the Mac? What if you restart and try again?

Keep us updated.

Jan 18, 2022 4:23 PM in response to VikingOSX

Upgrading to Monterey 12.1 did not help.

I feel like this happens more often when I have just opened the macbook and it comes out of sleep, but it does sometimes happen at random.

I have a Google Wifi network at home, but this has happened in several other places as well, such as hotels or on an Eeero network.

I can't believe I'm the only one seeing this, does Apple have any workarounds I can use?

I noticed that this does not seem to happen when I connect to my iPhone hotspot, but perhaps that uses a different protocol or driver?

MacOS 12.0.1 (21A559) wifi connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.