You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari LOADS page before hitting enter

Hello, I'm web developer and I found some "improvement" of the Safari speed.

So when start type a page, and I already have it in history (but I have to edit something in the link), arrow down, to select the link, then edit it, and then hitting enter. But in that time I realize, that the page is already loaded (I know that because that link is starting process and I make anti repeat check).

Does anyone notice this glitch? And if it's not a glitch, is there a way to disable this? It's forcing me to use another browser!!!

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

Safari 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 2:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:53 AM

Apple recently updated Big Sur and Safari (11.6.1 and 15.1 respectively). Maybe, if you update it you fix it.

I checked again and it works as described, without loading the website until I press Enter. If I press ⌘-Arrow Down I can even conveniently skip form Top Hits to Bookmarks and History subsections.

5 replies

Safari LOADS page before hitting enter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.