You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Completely dead iPhone XR

I have a friend's phone to fix it for him, because I'm usually good at doing it, but this one I can't figure out. I believe it's an iPhone XR, and it has completely gone black and is dead. I charged it on my macbook to put in to recovery mode, but I could not put it into that mode nor did it charge; it just got hot while charging. When I did the steps to put it into recovery, nothing happened. I will let it charge for a while but since I already charged it for a while overnight I don't think that will help a whole lot. Even when you try to just turn it on normally like you would from a shutdown, nothing happened. I'm thinking by now he'll just have to take it to the apple store. Any advice?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:18 AM

Your thinking is right. It should be seen at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store.

1 reply

Completely dead iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.